The NCI Transition Career Development Award (K22)
The summary for the The NCI Transition Career Development Award (K22) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The NCI Transition Career Development Award (K22): Purpose: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) represents the continuation of an NCI program to facilitate the transition of investigators, primarily those with clinical doctoral degrees as well as those with doctoral degrees working in the areas of cancer prevention, control, behavioral, or population science research, from the mentored stage of career development in academic cancer research to the independent stage. This goal is achieved by providing protected time through salary and research support for 3 years to: postdoctoral individuals or junior faculty in mentored positions transitioning into their first independent position; and investigators within the first 2 years of their first independent cancer research position, to initiate and develop their independently-supported cancer research programs. Mechanism of Support: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the NIH Career Transition Award (K22) mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||The NCI Transition Career Development Award (K22)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-09-089|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jan 23, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 23, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K23)
- • NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K0...
- • Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition: Renewal of the Longevity Consortium (U19)
- • Aging Research Dissertation Awards to Increase Diversity (R36)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Comprehensive Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Brain Cell Data Center (U24)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) - Specialized Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...