The Secretory Pattern of Senescent Cells (R21)
The summary for the The Secretory Pattern of Senescent Cells (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Secretory Pattern of Senescent Cells (R21): Through this FOA, the National Institute on Aging (NIA) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) are encouraging applications that examine the changes in microenvironment that are induced by cell senescence, both in vivo and in vitro, and as a result of senescence being attained by any of the known inducers of this process. This FOA will use the NIH R21 Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant award mechanism but will run in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope that utilizes the traditional research project grant (R01) [PA-05-155] mechanism. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. Competing renewal applications will not be accepted.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Secretory Pattern of Senescent Cells (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-138|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Biology Research 93.866 Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 17, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Mar 17, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments City or township governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...