Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Interventions Services with Respect to HIV Disease
The summary for the Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Interventions Services with Respect to HIV Disease grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Interventions Services with Respect to HIV Disease: The purpose of this funding is to provide, on an ongoing outpatient basis, high quality early intervention services/primary care to individuals with HIV infection. These services become part of a continuum of HIV prevention and care for individuals who are at risk for HIV infections or are HIV infected. All early intervention services (EIS) programs must provide: HIV counseling and testing; counseling and education on living with HIV; appropriate medical evaluation and clinical care; and other essential services such as oral health care, outpatient mental health services, outpatient substance abuse services and nutritional services, and appropriate referrals for specialty services. For the EIS Grants, a major focus is on increasing access to HIV primary care and support services for communities of color. Funding available through the Minority AIDS Initiative has improved our ability to fund indigenous organizations and those serving communities of color to deliver and implement culturally/linguistically proficient primary care HIV services. Funding preferences have been established for organizations serving communities of color that are highly affected by HIV/AIDS in an effort to improve care, and reduce disparities in health outcomes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Interventions Services with Respect to HIV Disease|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-046|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to HIV Disease|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 10, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Jan 24, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jan 25, 2006|
|Archive Date:||May 22, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$35,638,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||75|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities include public or private non-profit entities. These may include but are not limited to: Consolidated Health Center Programs (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Housing Primary Care and Healthy Schools, Healthy Communities) receiving support under Section 330 of the PHS Act; Family planning agencies under Section 1001 of the PHS Act, other than States; Comprehensive Hemophilia Diagnostic and Treatment Centers; Federally qualified health centers as described in Title XIX, Section 1905 of the Social Security Act; Nonprofit private entities that currently provide comprehensive primary care services to populations at risk of HIV disease; Local health departments; University/Medical Center affiliated clinics. Faith-based and community-based organizations are eligible to apply. Applicants are limited to public or private nonprofit entities that are currently funded Title III programs whose project periods expire on June 30, 2006 and new organizations proposing to replace the current grantee. New organizations must demonstrate that they will serve the existing patients, populations, scope of services and service areas currently served by the grantee they intend to replace. These service areas will be described by grantee in the application guidance. The states and counties up for competition are: AL BALDWIN, CHOCTAW, CLARKE, MOBILE, MONROE WASHINGTON, BLOUNT, CULLMAN, JEFFERSON, SHELBY, ST CLAIR, WALKER, WINSTON CA SAN DIEGO, SANTA BARBARA, SONOMA, SHASTA, CONTRA COSTA, LONG BEACH CT NEW HAVEN DC DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DE KENT, NEW CASTLE, SUSSEX FL ORANGE, BREVARD, ST JOHNS, DUVAL, GA BAKER, CALHOUN, COLQUITT, DECATUR, DOUGHERTY, EARLY, GRADY, LEE, MILLER, MITCHELL, SEMINOLE, TERRELL, THOMAS, WORTH, BRYAN, CAMDEN, GLYNN, LIBERTY, LONG, MCINTOSH, CHATTAHOOCHEE, CLAY, CRISP, DOOLY, HARRIS, MACON, MARION, QUITMAN, RANDOLPH, SCHLEY, STEWART, SUMTER, TALBOT, TAYLOR, WEBSTER, MUSCOGIE; IA WOODBURY, LYON, OSCEOLA, DICKENSON, IDA, SUE, O'BRIEN, CLAY, PLYMOUTH, CHEROKEE, BUENA VISTA, UNION, SAC, MINONA, CRAWFORD, CARROLL, GREEN IL COOK, WOODBURY, CLINTON, JERSEY, MADISON MONROE, ST CLAIR, CHICAGO, CHICAGO HEIGHTS, FORD HEIGHTS IN CLARK, FLOYD KY BULLITT, HENRY, JEFFERSON, OLDHAM, SHELBY SPENCER, TRIMBLE; LA ORLEANS, BIENVILLE, BOSSIER, CLA.........
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
CallCenter@HRSA.GOV Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Part C Capacity Development Program
- • HIV Early Intervention Services (EIS Program) Existing Geographic Service Areas (EISEGA)
- • HIV Early Intervention Services Program Existing Geographic Service Areas (EISEGA)
- • Title III Capacity Development
- • Title Iii: Categorical Grant Program to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services wit...
- • Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services Wit...
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Maternal and Child Health Research Network Program Children with Special Health Care Needs...
- • Maternal and Child Health Collaborative Office Rounds (MCH COR)
- • Emergency Medical Services for Children Data Center
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part F Dental Reimbursement Program
- • Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program