To Implement Detection Monitoring for Zebra Mussel Introductions in California and Nevada
The summary for the To Implement Detection Monitoring for Zebra Mussel Introductions in California and Nevada grant is detailed below.
This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants.
Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact.
If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Region 1, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
To Implement Detection Monitoring for Zebra Mussel Introductions in California and Nevada: The Stockton Fish and Wildlife Office (STFWO), Aquatic Nuisance Species Program is soliciting proposals to develop a detection monitoring network in waters of California and/or Nevada for the presence of zebra mussels (Dreissena polymorpha). Total funding available may be as much as $20,000 for 1-2 projects. Successful awards will be made through cooperative agreements. Proposals that seek to develop a detection monitoring network in the waters of California and/or Nevada for the presence of zebra mussels (Dreissena polymorpha) will be considered for funding. Examples of how monitoring and detection of zebra mussel presence has been accomplished in the past include: examination of water samples for the presence of zebra mussel veligers, examination of underwater infrastructure for the presence of attached zebra mussels, deployment of artificial substrates and monitoring the substrates for zebra mussel establishment, development and implementation of a zebra mussel monitoring network in waterways, use of new technologies that make monitoring zebra mussels at large spatial scales more efficient (e.g. predictive models), development and implementation of monitoring networks that use risk assessments to provide cost-effective site selection, and development and coordination of diverse partnerships to form a zebra mussel monitoring network in CA waterways.
|Federal Grant Title:
||To Implement Detection Monitoring for Zebra Mussel Introductions in California and Nevada
|Federal Agency Name:
||Natural Resources Environment
|Type of Opportunity:
|Funding Opportunity Number:
|Type of Funding:
||Fish and Wildlife Management Assistance
|Current Application Deadline:
||No deadline provided
|Original Application Deadline:
||Jul 18, 2005 Application Deadline: Electronic or
||Jun 17, 2005
||Jun 17, 2005
||Aug 17, 2005
|Total Program Funding:
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:
|Expected Number of Awards:
|Cost Sharing or Matching:
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Luginbill, Dwight, Sacramento, CA - San Joaguin Grants/Cooperative Agrmts Assistant, Phone 209-946-6400, 340, Fax 209-946-6355, Email Dwight_Luginbill@fws.gov Dwight_Luginbill@fws.gov Luginbill, Dwight
- Similar Government Grants
- • Support for Karuk Tribe to Participate in processes
- • Illegal marijuana cultivation impacts on prey and carnivore dynamics in fisher, Humboldt m...
- • Conduct Fall Chinook Salmon Spawning Escapement Enumeration Projects
- • Removal of S. densiflora
- • 2006 Request for Initial Proposals for Yukon River Salmon Research and Management Projects
- • Fish Passage
- • Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act
- More Grants from the Region 1
- • Community Assistance Program - State Support Services Element (CAP-SSSE) - R1
- • FY 15 Community Assistance Program - State Support Services Element - R1
- • FY 2014 Community Assistance Program - State Support Services Element - Region 1
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Cooperating Technical Partners Program Region 1
- • Community Assistance Program - State Support Services Element (CAP-SSSE)