The summary for the Trails R&R grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Trails R&R: Funding provided to NCC-GBI. Project Description: The Nevada Conservation Corps is a component of the Great Basin Institute based at the University of Nevada, Reno. The work for FY11 includes from one to four project crews to complete the following: Project #1: Repair Wheeler Peak Trail to Increase Accessibility. The work of this project involves approximately 0.4 miles of the Wheeler Peak Trail, including replacing/repair of approximately 500 linear feet of rubber trail surfacing material on this accessible mountain-forest trail. Other project work will include tread repair, brushing, signage, and repairs to missing sections of trail and the concrete supports on wood boardwalks that traverse the intermittent streams along the trail. Project #2: This project will provide for reconstruction of 1 mile of trail in the Lexington Arch area, 1.2 miles of the Cayuse Trail Group, 2.3 miles of the Upper Strawberry Creek Trail, and will provide for removal of brush along the Osceola ditch. Project #3: Repair South Fork Big Wash Trail and North Fork Big Wash Trail. This project involves 11.33 miles of backcountry trail work including tread repair, signage, brushing and repairs to missing trail sections of the North Fork Big Wash and South Fork Big Wash Trails.
|Federal Grant Title:||Trails R&R|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P11AT000227|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 19, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 19, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 18, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 18, 2011|
|Archive Date:||May 20, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$75,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Barbara Eschels Supervisory Contract Specialist Phone 7022938909
- Similar Government Grants
- • NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD: Implement Upper Delaware River Management Plan through the Uppe...
- • Community Conversations: Finding Relevance in the National Parks of Boston
- • Engaging Young Adults with Community-Based Conservation and Recreation Opportunities
- • Promote & Enhance River Conservation & Management
- • Parntership for the National Trails System
- • Commemoration of John Brown Raid
- • Development of Potomac Heritage NST Segments
- • Restoration and Education Projects on and Near Units of the National Park Service on the C...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...