Training for States on Winnable Battles
The summary for the Training for States on Winnable Battles grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Training for States on Winnable Battles: The purpose of this activity is to provide training, educational materials, and technical assistance for leaders from the legislative, executive, and administrative branches of state government to enable them to keep pace with emerging public health issues and contribute to the public health goals of reducing death and disability among adults related to tobacco use; reducing the rate of growth of obesity through nutrition and physical activity; improving youth and adolescent health; helping communities create an environments that fosters a culture of wellness and encourages healthy choices.
|Federal Grant Title:||Training for States on Winnable Battles|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP08-8030401SUPP11|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 23, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 23, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Aug 25, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Aug 25, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 23, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- existing grantees under the mechanism DP08-803 with a demonstrated ability to convene teams of state level policy makers.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information and Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
General Submission Inquiries [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2