Translational Research for the Prevention and Control of Diabetes and Obesity (R18)
The summary for the Translational Research for the Prevention and Control of Diabetes and Obesity (R18) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Translational Research for the Prevention and Control of Diabetes and Obesity (R18): -The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), the National Institute of Nursing Research and the Office of Behavior and Social Sciences Research seeks to develop cost effective and sustainable interventions that can be adopted in real world settings, for the prevention and control of diabetes and obesity. Research should be based on interventions already proven efficacious in clinical trials to prevent and reverse obesity and type 2 diabetes, to improve care of type 1 and type 2 diabetes and to prevent or delay its complications. The interventions proposed under this solicitation should have the potential to be widely disseminated to clinical practice, individuals and communities at risk. -This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites research applications of full scale studies for translational/dissemination research. -Relevant topics include 1) methods to improve health care delivery to patients with or at risk of diabetes, 2) strategies to enhance diabetes self management, 3) methods to develop strategies to promote healthy lifestyles to reduce the risk of diabetes, 4) methods to promote lifestyle change that will prevent or reverse overweight and obesity, and 5) new cost effective ways to identify people with pre-diabetes and undiagnosed diabetes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Translational Research for the Prevention and Control of Diabetes and Obesity (R18)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-06-457|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research 93.847 Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jun 09, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 22, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 22, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments Independent school districts Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply. Foreign Institutions are not eligible There is no limit on the number of applications an applicant may submit under this announcement as long as they are scientifically distinct
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
[email protected] [email protected] If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...