Traumatic Brain Injury States Grant Program, Implementation Partnership Grants
The summary for the Traumatic Brain Injury States Grant Program, Implementation Partnership Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Traumatic Brain Injury States Grant Program, Implementation Partnership Grants: In July 1996, Congress enacted Public Law 104 166 to provide for the conduct of expanded studies and the establishment of innovative programs with respect to traumatic brain injury, TBI. Under the Law, the Health Resources and Services Administration, HRSA, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, MCHB, is charged with implementing a State Grants Program, formerly called the TBI State Demonstration Grant Program, to improve access to health and other services for individuals with TBI and their families. The National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, have also been delegated responsibilities in the areas of research, and prevention and surveillance respectively. The Federal TBI Program was reauthorized as part of the Childrens Health Act of 2008. Through this program States and Territories are eligible to receive two types of TBI Grants. This announcement solicits competitive applications for one type, State Implementation Partnership Grants. These grants are to be used by states to establish an infrastructure for the delivery of TBI related services and to improve the States ability to make system changes that will sustain the TBI service delivery infrastructure. This is the first of a four year project period. (The second category is TBI Protection and Advocacy, P&A, grants to the Governor designated State Protection and Advocacy organizations. These grants provide information and referral services, training in self advocacy, advocacy, and litigation services to individuals with TBI and their families. Since FY 2006, the Federal Program office has only two categories of grants, and the phrase Federal TBI Program is currently an umbrella for 2 components, State Implementation Partnership Grants and Protection and Advocacy Grants.)
|Federal Grant Title:||Traumatic Brain Injury States Grant Program, Implementation Partnership Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-022|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Traumatic Brain Injury State Demonstration Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 02, 2009 Application due date|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Sep 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Sep 17, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As cited in 42 CFR Part 51a.3 (a), any public or private entity, including an Indian tribe or tribal organization (as those terms are defined at 25 U.S.C. 450b), faith based and community based organization are eligible to apply for this federal funding opportunity that can document previous experience to address and fulfill review criteria in guidance.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CallCenter@HRSA.GOV CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Traumatic Brain Injury State Implementation Partnership Grant Program
- • Targeted Issues in Traumatic Brain Injury: Juvenile Justice and TBI
- • Traumatic Brain Injury State Partnership Grant Program
- • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) State Grants Program
- • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Program - State Implementation Grants
- • Traumatic Brain Injury Program Planning
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Health Information Technology Capacity Building for the Integration of Medicaid and Ryan W...
- • Poison Center Network Service Area Competition
- • Optimizing Family Support for Families of Children with or at-risk for Congenital Zika Vir...
- • Maternal and Child Health Research Network Program Children with Special Health Care Needs...
- • Maternal and Child Health Collaborative Office Rounds (MCH COR)