Tribal Colleges and Universities Program (TCUP)
The summary for the Tribal Colleges and Universities Program (TCUP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tribal Colleges and Universities Program (TCUP): This program provides awards to enhance the quality of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) instructional and outreach programs, with special attention to the use of information technologies at Tribal Colleges and Universities, Alaskan Native-serving Institutions and Native Hawaiian-serving institutions. Support is available for the implementation of comprehensive institutional approaches to strengthen STEM teaching and learning in ways that improve access to, retention within, and graduation from STEM programs, particularly those that have a strong technological foundation. Through this program, assistance is provided to eligible institutions in their efforts to bridge the digital divide and prepare students for careers in information technology, science, mathematics and engineering fields. Proposed activities should be the result of a carefulanalysis of institutional needs, address institutional and NSF goals, and have the potential to result in significant and sustainable improvements in STEM program offerings. Typical project implementation strategies include curriculum enhancement, faculty professional development, undergraduate research and community service, academic enrichment, infusion of technology to enhance STEM instruction, collaborations, and other activities that meet institutional and community needs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tribal Colleges and Universities Program (TCUP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||04-602|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Education and Human Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 18, 2006 due dates: February 2, annually, for|
|Posted Date:||Jul 20, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Nov 05, 2007|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||9|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF Grants.gov User Support [email protected] (e-mail)
- Similar Government Grants
- • EHR Core Research (ECR): Building Capacity in STEM Education Research
- • Improving Undergraduate STEM Education: Education and Human Resources
- • Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers
- • EHR Core Research
- • Research on Gender in Science and Engineering
- • Research in Disabilities Education
- • Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching - Application Packe...
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure
- • Macrosystems Biology and NEON-Enabled Science
- • Transitions to Excellence in Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research
- • Political Science
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...