USAID/PHILIPPINES Annual Program Statement for Expanding Participation of Persons with Disability in Development Programming
The summary for the USAID/PHILIPPINES Annual Program Statement for Expanding Participation of Persons with Disability in Development Programming grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Philippines USAID Manila, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USAID/PHILIPPINES Annual Program Statement for Expanding Participation of Persons with Disability in Development Programming: USAID is providing approximately $2,000,000 worldwide in FY 2009 ESF Funds for projects that address the program objectives under this APS. Concept papers submitted by USAID/Philippines will compete on a global basis for funding. The funds should be used to support projects and programs that will increase the participation of people with disabilities within the programs and strategies of USAID/Philippines. Programs and activities that could be adapted to better expand participation of people with disabilities could include, but is not limited to, programs in education, health, government, civil society building, rule of law, HIV/AIDS, and employment opportunities. In addition, concept papers that would help facilitate the inclusion of people with disabilities into USAID program and activities such as capacity building programs for DPOs, disability awareness raising activities, conducting disability assessments and technical assistance to develop disability strategic plans could also be considered.
|Federal Grant Title:||USAID/PHILIPPINES Annual Program Statement for Expanding Participation of Persons with Disability in Development Programming|
|Federal Agency Name:||Philippines USAID Manila|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||492-APS-10-001|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2010 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2010 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Nov 10, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Nov 10, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 29, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- The purpose of this Annual Program Statement (APS) is to disseminate information about USAID/Philippines' initiative to improve "Expanding participation of Persons with Disability in Development Programming". This APS is designed to solicit applications for funding from prospective partners to include people with disabilities (PWDs) into development programming or to work with disabled peoples organizations (DPOs) for better understanding and inclusion.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- USAID/Philippines is seeking innovative applications from qualified non-governmental organizations capable of providing assistance to promote the inclusion of PWDs in development cooperation, to find solutions to break down existing as well as potential barriers and to ensure full inclusion of people with disabilities in USAID activities and programs.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- LUCILLYN SUSI Acquisition & Assistance Specialist Phone 6325529926
- Similar Government Grants
- • USAID/Sri Lanka Social Cohesion and Reconciliation
- • USAID/Haiti Request for Information on programming to improve the health status of communi...
- • USAID Media Program in BiH
- • Consultations for the USAID/Haiti Investment Mobilization Platform
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Philippines USAID Manila
- • Mongolia's Emerging Leaders Activity
- • Pre-RFA Conference
- • Disaster Preparedness for Effective Response (PREPARE)
- • Science, Technology, Research and Innovation for Development (STRIDE) Program
- • YES! Mindanao