USAID/Uganda Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity
The summary for the USAID/Uganda Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Uganda USAID Kampala, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USAID/Uganda Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity: The purpose of the activity is to strengthen government performance in implementing strategies to improve MCHN outcomes. Achievement of the purpose will be measured by the percentage of USG supported districts reporting improved MCHN outcomes; and accomplished in collaboration with USG supported IPs operating at the subnational level.The activity supports two results: 1. MCHN service delivery improved: This result will support Government of Uganda (GoU) efforts to cascade, from the national level to the subnational level, the policies, guidelines, standards and implementation strategies (henceforth referred to collectively as “strategies”) that promote improved MCHN service delivery. Specifically, the activity will: a. Strengthen national government's capacity to develop and roll out high quality strategies to improve MCHN service delivery; b. Support other USAID/Uganda efforts to help subnational governments adopt and scale-up national-level strategies to improve MCHN service delivery in Uganda's Eastern, East Central, Southwestern, and two Northern regions (Acholi and Lango). c. Strengthen national-subnational linkages, and subnational capacity, to deliver improved MCHN services in Kampala, creating a national model for urban service delivery. 2. Capacity for MCHN good governance increased: This result will be achieved by further strengthening GoU capacity for the multi-sectoral cooperation, evidence-based decision-making, and good governance leadership required to achieve and sustain improvements in MCHN outcomes envisaged in Result 1 above.
|Federal Grant Title:||USAID/Uganda Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Uganda USAID Kampala (USAID-UGA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||72061719RFA00001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 6th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 6th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 8th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 8th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||September 6th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$17,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$17,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$17,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||July 8th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- JANEPHER NABITOSI
ACQUISITION ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Uganda USAID Kampala
- • USAID/Uganda Strengthening Supply Chain Systems Technical Assistance (SSCS) Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Combatting Wildlife Crime Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Social and Behavior Change for Transformation (SBC4T) Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Voluntary Family Planning for Improved Reproductive Health and Development (F...
- • USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience Activity