USFW Alaska 2011 Challenge Cost Share Program
The summary for the USFW Alaska 2011 Challenge Cost Share Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USFW Alaska 2011 Challenge Cost Share Program: This is an annual Alaska Region National Wildlife Refuge System Program with partnerships being developed year-round between local units of the USFWS and non-federal partners. Proposals are prepared under the most recent guidance from the Regional Office by the local unit of the USFWS and are normally collected for evaluation and ranking yearly. The Challenge Cost Share program was created to manage, restore and enhance natural and cultural resources on Service and private lands. Projects deal with habitat improvement, wildlife population management, public use enhancement, as well as research studies that answer specific management questions. The program encourages the development of projects in cooperation with private and non-Federal public partners. The focus is to encourage mutual shared interest that will increase the public awareness and participation in the community for the conservation of fish, plant and wildlife resources. Projects must be a wildlife, habitat, or visitor services project, be matched by at least 50% of the total project from a non-federal contribution of funds, labor, equipment, or materials, be on National Wildlife Refuge Service (NWS) lands, or near and in direct support of NWRS lands, and have all funds obligated by the end of 2011. For more information about this Program or for information on local contacts in your area, please contact Challenge Cost Share Coordinator, (907)786-3391 or email at (Kristen_gilbert@fws.gov).
|Federal Grant Title:||USFW Alaska 2011 Challenge Cost Share Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||70181BR001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2011|
|Posted Date:||February 1st, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Feb 01, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 01, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kristen Gilbert Challange Cost Share Coordinator Phone 907-786-3391 Fax 907-786-3976
- Similar Government Grants
- • Attwaters Prairie Chicken Breeding
- • Challenge Cost Share
- • Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens
- • Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share
- • Region 6 Challenge Cost Share Program-FY12
- • USFWS Mountain-Prairie Challenge Cost Share Program
- • Alaskas National Wildlife Refuge System Notice of Availability of Federal Assistance, 2007...
- • Alaska's National Wildlife Refuge System FY08
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • IA FSM Survey
- • State of Michigan Statewide Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leuocepholus) Productivity Flight Surve...
- • Conservation Assessment and Mapping Products for Rio Grande Fishes
- • Climate Commons and Central Valley Landscape Conservation Project
- • Youth Engagement, Education, and Employment Programs