USFWS Region 4 Challenge Cost Share
The summary for the USFWS Region 4 Challenge Cost Share grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USFWS Region 4 Challenge Cost Share: The CCS program was created to manage, restore and enhance natural and cultural resources on Service and private lands. Projects deal with habitat improvement, wildlife population management, public use enhancement, as well as research studies that answer specific management questions. The program encourages the development of projects in cooperation with private and non-Federal public partners. The focus is to encourage mutual shared interest that will increase the public awareness and participation in the community for the conservation of fish, plant and wildlife resources. Projects must be a wildlife, habitat, or visitor services project, be matched by at least 50% of the total project from a non-federal contribution of funds, labor, equipment, or materials, be on NWRS lands, or near and in direct support of NWRS lands, and have all funds obligated by the end of 2011. Current FY proposals are due by Dec 15, 2010. Proposals will be assessed, in part, on the relationship of projects to the concepts of Strategic habitat Conservation (SHC) at http://www.fws.gov/southeast/SHC. Proposals for resource management should clarify the relationship of the project to Biological Planning, Conservation Design, Program Delivery, Outcome-based Monitoring, and/or Assumption-driven Research. Potential applicants should check with USFWS offices to develop a shared conservation proposal and submit completed proposals for the next funding round. Proposals should include SF 424, SF 424A, SF 424B and R4 submission information form. For more information about this Program or for information on local contacts in your area, please contact Challenge Cost Share Coordinator, ((912) 496-7366 Ext. 244 or email at (email@example.com).
|Federal Grant Title:||USFWS Region 4 Challenge Cost Share|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R4-11-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||This is an annual Southeast Region National Wildli|
|Original Application Deadline:||This is an annual Southeast Region National Wildli|
|Posted Date:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants may be an individual/family, minority group, specialized group, small business, profit organization, private nonprofit/organization, quasi-public nonprofit institution/organization, native American, Federal, Interstate, Intrastate, State, Local, Sponsored organization, public nonprofit institution/organization, other public institution/organization, U.S. territory, or any organization with interests which support the mission of the Service. This program requires the cooperator(s) to provide a minimum of 50 percent of cost share from non-Federal sources.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kevin Brooks Grants Mgmt Specialist Phone 404-679-4069
Kevin Brooks [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Attwaters Prairie Chicken Breeding
- • Challenge Cost Share
- • Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens
- • Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share
- • Region 6 Challenge Cost Share Program-FY12
- • USFWS Mountain-Prairie Challenge Cost Share Program
- • Alaskas National Wildlife Refuge System Notice of Availability of Federal Assistance, 2007...
- • Alaska's National Wildlife Refuge System FY08
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Great Ape Conservation Fund
- • Baseline Invasive Species Community Mapping at Lower Klamath and Tulelake NWRs
- • Assessing changes in the Distribution of Manayunkia Speciosa related to high flow events i...
- • Antioch Dunes Sand Dune Restoration, Invasive Plant Inventory and Endangered Species Recov...
- • Development of Middle Klamath Coho Refuge Habitat Enhancement Plan