UWNPS Research Center Support
The summary for the UWNPS Research Center Support grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
UWNPS Research Center Support: NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS)'s intention to fund a Task Agreement against an existing Master Agreement. ABSTRACT Funding Announcement NPS-NOIP16AC01146 Project Title UWNPS Research Center Support Recipient University of Wyoming Total Anticipated Award Amount 32500 Cost Share None Required Anticipated Length of Agreement Through December 31, 2020 Anticipated Period of Performance Through December 31, 2020 Award Instrument Cooperative Agreement (task award) Statutory Authority 54 U.S.C. §100703, Cooperative Study Units CFDA # and Title 15.945, Cooperative Research & Training Programs Point of Contact Tina Holland, Agreements Officer OVERVIEW, RECIPIENT AND NPS SUBSTANTIAL INVOLVEMENT The University of Wyoming will collaborate with the National Park Service (NPS) to Substantial involvement on the part the National Park Service (NPS) is anticipated for the successful completion of the objectives to be funded by this award. Annually, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park submit a list of cultural, natural, and social science needs of interest to the public to the UWNPS Research Center. Research proposals are submitting by faculty and graduate students, based on these lists or other topics of interest to the researchers. Each project will address a research topic of interest to students, faculty and the general public on natural and cultural resources related to the parks. Proposals are reviewed by a panel of University of Wyoming faculty as well as Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park personnel, and projects are ranked and selected based on merit, contributions to science, and applicability to park and ecosystem needs. NPS did not solicit full and open competition for this award based the following criteria: The cooperator is a member of an established Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) network, and was awarded a Cooperative Agreement P14AC00749 allowing UWY to participate in specific tasks, and can provide the necessary activities involved in this particular task while providing an effective outcome for the National Park Service and the research and/or education project. Three members of the Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) network were considered for this award and the UWY was selected based on the outstanding, for the purpose of providing research, technical assistance, and/or education, for research center support.
|Federal Grant Title:||UWNPS Research Center Support|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOIP16AC01146|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 11th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 11th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||August 2nd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||August 2nd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||September 10th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$32,500|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 2nd, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Tina Holland
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area