Understanding and Promoting Health Literacy (R03)
The summary for the Understanding and Promoting Health Literacy (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Understanding and Promoting Health Literacy (R03): -Purpose. The ultimate goal of this program announcement is to encourage empirical research on health literacy concepts, theory and interventions as these relate to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services public health priorities that are outlined in its HealthierUS and Healthy People 2010 initiatives. Health literacy is defined as the degree to which individuals have the capacity to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make appropriate health decisions. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R03 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with FOAs of identical scientific scope, PAR-07-020, that solicits applications under the R01 grant mechanism, which will be issued at a later date, and PAR-07-018, that solicits applications under the R21 grant mechanism. -The R03 grant mechanism supports different types of projects including pilot and feasibility studies; secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; and development of new research technology.
|Federal Grant Title:||Understanding and Promoting Health Literacy (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Environment Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-019|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health 93.121 Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Oct 27, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 27, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.226 -- Research on Healthcare Costs, Quality and Outcomes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments City or township governments State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses County governments Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)