Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
The summary for the Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention: CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a request for application announcement entitled, Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth through Violence Prevention. $300,000 [this amount is an estimate, and subject to the availability of funds] will be available in fiscal year 2005 to fund approximately one award. The purpose of the program is to build capacity within U.S. cities to collaborate, plan, and implement youth violence prevention principles, practices, and concepts. This includes building a national consortium of key stakeholders representing the viewpoints of United States cities that can inform and support reframing the public discourse about youth violence prevention. This also includes developing tools, strategies, and messages to build infrastructure and a broad base of support for youth violence prevention and develop a national strategy to direct urban planning and action to prevent youth violence. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/grantmain.htm. The estimated funding date is September 1, 2005
|Federal Grant Title:||Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-05042|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Injury Prevention and Control Research and State and Community Based Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 02, 2005 Letter or Intent(LOI) Deadline: Apri|
|Posted Date:||Mar 03, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Mar 03, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Jun 01, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Rape Prevention and Education
- • DELTA FOCUS (Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances, Fo...
- • Preventing Injuries and Violence by Informing State Strategies
- • Collecting Violent Death Information Using the National Violent Death Reporting System (NV...
- • Prescription Drug Overdose: Boost for State Prevention
- • Collaborative Efforts to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- • Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- • Enhancing Healthcare Provider's Ability to Prevent Sexual Violence
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...