Visualizing Sea Level Rise
The summary for the Visualizing Sea Level Rise grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Visualizing Sea Level Rise: A. Project Goals ¿ To create awareness of threatened Park resources, both natural and cultural, by various levels of predicted future sea rise. This awareness will aid Park, Regional, and WASO officials in taking steps to minimize damage and disruption to Park resources. This information will also be useful to owners/managers of similar topographical land in areas outside the Park. To make the general public aware of the value of this tool. B. Project Objectives ¿ 1. A 3D laser scan of coastal park units. 2. 3D scan data will combine with topographic GIS models and various sea level rise scenarios to build 3D visualizations of how flooding estimates will affect specific park resources. 3. Propose best practices for managing impacts to park units by producing highly accurate 3D visualizations that can translate the generalized threat of the impacts of changes in ambient environmental conditions into site-specific, quickly understandable information about the particular effects on roads, visitor centers, and cultural, natural, and recreational resources within the park boundary.
|Federal Grant Title:||Visualizing Sea Level Rise|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P19AS00503|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||August 13th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 13th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||August 23rd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$198,075|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$198,075|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$98,075|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 13th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- STEVE LIVINGSTON
This is a non-competitive Notice of Intent only. No applications are being accepted at this time.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area