Wild Horse Partnerships for Eco-sanctuaries on Private Lands
The summary for the Wild Horse Partnerships for Eco-sanctuaries on Private Lands grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Wild Horse Partnerships for Eco-sanctuaries on Private Lands: The overall intent of this program is to develop partnerships with willing private landowners in order to provide sanctuary for excess wild horses as an alternative to the current practice of long-term pasture facilities, without a Federal investment in land and a limited investment in infrastructure. In addition to ensuring the humane care and management of wild horses, each sanctuary will be marketed in a manner designed to encourage public visitation and provide opportunities for learning. Creating an eco-tourism venue will provide economic stimulation and assist communities by providing local job creation. See full announcement for project-specific objectives. This modification number 1 extends the deadline for application submissions to September 19, 2012. There are no other changes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Wild Horse Partnerships for Eco-sanctuaries on Private Lands|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L12AS00140|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Wild Horse and Burro Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 19, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 29, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 29, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Aug 25, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 19, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Secretary is authorized to enter into cooperative agreements with other landowners and with the State and local governmental agencies and may issue such regulations as he deems necessary for the furtherance of the purposes of this Act.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Susan Kaller, Grants and Agreements Specialist, [email protected]
[email protected] [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • WO Wild Horse and Burro Training, Placement and Marketing Project
- • BLM-Idaho, Wildhorse Management and Education Project, Challis Field Office
- • BLM CA Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center Wild Horse Training Program
- • BLM WO Centennial Wild Horse Eco-sanctuary Deerwood Ranch Rawlins FO WY
- • BLM OR-WA: Beaty Butte Wild Horse Gather, Fertility Control, and Training Assistance Progr...
- • Utah Wild Horse and Burro Program
- • Nevada Wild Horse Holding and Training Program
- • NV Wild Horse & Burro Training-Adoption Mentoring Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands