Wild Horse and Burro Contraception
The summary for the Wild Horse and Burro Contraception grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Wild Horse and Burro Contraception: The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Wild Horse and Burro Program protects, manages, and controls wild horses and burros under the authority of the Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971 to ensure that healthy herds thrive on healthy rangelands. Development of effective population growth suppression methods for wild horses and burros is vital to effectively managing herd population growth rates as an alternative to gathering and removing animals from BLM lands.
|Federal Grant Title:||Wild Horse and Burro Contraception|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L14AS00048|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Wild Horse and Burro Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 28, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 28, 2014|
|Posted Date:||May 1, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 1, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jun 27, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education
Special district governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lisa Clayton
Grants Management Officer
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • WO Wild Horse and Burro Training, Placement and Marketing Project
- • BLM-Idaho, Wildhorse Management and Education Project, Challis Field Office
- • BLM CA Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center Wild Horse Training Program
- • BLM WO Centennial Wild Horse Eco-sanctuary Deerwood Ranch Rawlins FO WY
- • BLM OR-WA: Beaty Butte Wild Horse Gather, Fertility Control, and Training Assistance Progr...
- • Utah Wild Horse and Burro Program
- • Nevada Wild Horse Holding and Training Program
- • NV Wild Horse & Burro Training-Adoption Mentoring Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands