Women and Sex/Gender Differences in Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Dependence (R21)
The summary for the Women and Sex/Gender Differences in Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Dependence (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Women and Sex/Gender Differences in Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Dependence (R21): -Purpose. The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to promote research on women and sex/gender differences in drug/alcohol abuse and dependence. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R21) award mechanism and runs in parallel with two FOAs of identical scientific scope, PA-07-329 and PA-07-330, that solicit applications under the Small Research Grant (R01) and Exploratory/Developmental (R03) award mechanisms, respectively. Research on drug and alcohol abuse/dependence is addressed separately in this FOA under Research Objectives. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications
|Federal Grant Title:||Women and Sex/Gender Differences in Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Dependence (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-331|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Programs 93.279 Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 15, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Mar 15, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments County governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Small businesses Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments State governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...