2007 Training of Latin American Health Care Workers through the Gorgas Memorial Institute, Republic of Panama
The summary for the 2007 Training of Latin American Health Care Workers through the Gorgas Memorial Institute, Republic of Panama grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2007 Training of Latin American Health Care Workers through the Gorgas Memorial Institute, Republic of Panama: This project will support theGorgas Memorial Institute (GMI) to: (a)Develop a regional training center inPanama and (b) train community healthworkers, clinicians (physicians, nurses,and auxiliary medical workers) andselect public-health professionals fromCentral and South America (i.e. LatinAmerica), (c) facilitate partnershipsbetween U.S. universities and theirLatin American counterparts to develophuman resources for health in LatinAmerica, and (d) harness the energies ofU.S. and other non-governmentalorganizations by partnering with themto advance community health trainingand program efforts in Latin America.
|Federal Grant Title:||2007 Training of Latin American Health Care Workers through the Gorgas Memorial Institute, Republic of Panama|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EP-IDS-07-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||INFECTIOUS DISEASE SURVEILLANCE NETWORKS|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2007 To receive consideration, applicatio|
|Posted Date:||Jul 10, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Aug 13, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Sep 07, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This opportunity is a directed sole source. The only eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity is the Gorgas Memorial Institute for Health Studies of Panama.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Help Desk
1-800-518-4726. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Processes and Building Capacity to Facilitate Regulatory Review and Approval...
- • Enhancing Public Health and Emergency Preparedness and Response Capacities in the Americas
- • Enhancing Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Capacities in the Americas
- • Developing Global Standards for Public Health Emergency Operations Centers
- • Smallpox Research Oversight Activities:WHO Advisory Committee on Variola Virus Research
- • Support, Training and Capacity Building for Infectious Disease
- • Support, Training and Capacity-Building for Infectious Disease Surveillance in the Republi...
- • Smallpox Research Oversight Activities
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project