21st Century Youth Conservation Corps
The summary for the 21st Century Youth Conservation Corps grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
21st Century Youth Conservation Corps: See attached Notice of Intent. Creating a 21st Century Youth Conservation Corps Under this initiative, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will sponsor two Americorps, Professional Placement members to serve as Conservation Planning Assistants in the Planning and Visitor Services Office of the National Willdife Refuge System in Pacific Regional Office. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, ("the Service"), is authorized by the Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act, 16 U.S.C. Sections 661-666c and the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 16 U.S.C. 742a-j, 42 U.S.C. 126551 (American Conservation and Youth Service Corps), and the National Wildlife Refuge System Volunteer and Community Partnership Enhancement Act of 1998, (Pub. L. 105-242 as amended by Pub. L. 108-327). The Americorps Professional Placement program for the Pacifc Region of the National Wildlife Refuge System builds upon existing proven programs with new and creative approaches to offer public service opportunities, support science-based education and outdoor learning laboratories and engage young Americans in natural resource conservation. These youth programs provide opportunities to educate youth about career opportunities and promote public service as part of a life-long commitment to natural resource conservation. These programs are managed through mentoring and partnerships with AmeriCorps, Community-based organizations, Friends organizations, educational institutions, and local conservation organizations.
|Federal Grant Title:||21st Century Youth Conservation Corps|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-VSC-R1-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 16, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 16, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 09, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 09, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 15, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$48,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$48,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Non-profit organizations, within 50 miles of the Portland Regional Office. Applicants must have background in managing AmeriCorps programs.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michael Marxen 503-872-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance
- • Diversity Joint Venture
- • Wild about Nature: Connecting People with Nature
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)
- • Land Trust Alliance Education Grant
- • Opportunity FWS-08-RO-649-001
- • Opportunity FWS-08-CGSRE-001
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14 (4) - Unique...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)