Accelerating Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Service Delivery through Health Systems Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to District Health Teams and Health Facilities in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of
The summary for the Accelerating Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Service Delivery through Health Systems Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to District Health Teams and Health Facilities in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Accelerating Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Service Delivery through Health Systems Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to District Health Teams and Health Facilities in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of: The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to support district health teams and health facilities to accelerate provision of comprehensive and high quality HIV/AIDS services in western and west-Nile districts of Uganda in order to ensure continuity of services, minimize new infections and improve the quality of life of people living with HIV. A health systems approach will be utilized to strengthen service delivery; improve patient care through quality improvement and quality assurance measures; support critical human resources activities including recruitment and retention of key cadres, skills building and mentoring; strengthen HIV medicines, commodity and supply chain systems; enhance laboratory capacity; support reporting and data use; enhance the management of sub-grants; and enhance district capacity to sustainably manage HIV/AIDS programs. Supported districts and health facilities will deliver high quality and safe HIV/AIDS services, including targeted HIV counseling and testing, elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV (eMTCT), adult and pediatric antiretroviral treatment, and voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) towards the achievement of an AIDS Free Generation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Accelerating Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Service Delivery through Health Systems Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to District Health Teams and Health Facilities in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH15-1591|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 10, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 10, 2014|
|Posted Date:||August 20th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 20, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Nov 9, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this FOA are listed below:
National Ministries of Health
State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) .
American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state-recognized)
Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
Alaska Native health corporations
Tribal epidemiology centers
Urban Indian health organizations
Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
Colleges and Universities
For-profit organizations (other than small business)
Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
All Other eligible organizations
PEPFAR Local Partner definition:
To be considered eligible as a local partner under this Funding Opportunity Announcement, the applicant must submit supporting documentation demonstrating how their organization meets one of the three criteria listed below under the PEPFAR Local Partner definition. The supporting documentation must be included in the Appendices of the application and must be labeled as Eligibility Documentation for PEPFAR Local Partner Definition. Applicants that do not provide and/or label the supporting documentation required to meet the PEPFAR Local Partner definition above will not be considered eligible for review.
Under PEPFAR, a local partner may be an individual or sole proprietorship, an entity, or a joint venture or other arrangement. However, to be considered a local partner in a given country served by PEPFAR, the partner must meet the criteria under paragraph (1), (2), or (3) below:
(1) an individual must be a citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident of and have his/her principal place of business in the country served by the PEPFAR program with which the individual is or may become involved, and a sole proprietorship must be owned by such an individual; or
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2