Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $17,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.This NOFO will support implementation, acceleration, and sustainability of comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs for HIV/AIDS epidemic control in the Western and West Nile regions of Uganda. The recipient(s) will implement efficient and high-yielding strategies to enhance case identification, linkage, enrollment, retention, and ultimately, viral load suppression (VLS) targeting the most underserved age and sex bands, while preventing HIV transmission among the most vulnerable populations. The NOFO will focus on TB control and treatment; elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT); Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC); select services for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC); and supportive laboratory and strategic information (SI) services through a health systems strengthening approach. The recipient(s) will work closely with the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen the capacity of Regional Referral Hospitals (RRHs), District Health Teams (DHTs), and health care providers for a sustainable decentralized HIV response. Coordination with and leveraging of activities supported by other key stakeholders will be critical components of a sustained and multisectoral approach. Expected outcomes include improved access, coverage, and quality of HIV services to ensure 95% of people living with HIV (PLHIV) know their status; 95% of people diagnosed with HIV receive antiretroviral therapy (ART); and 95% of those on treatment are virally suppressed.
|Federal Grant Title:||Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-Nile Regions in the Republic of Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2065|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 10th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 10th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 7th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 7th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- synopsis date update
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Percy Jernigan
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Achieving Undetectable=Untransmittable in India through Quality Laboratory Testing, Workfo...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...