Achieving Undetectable=Untransmittable in India through Quality Laboratory Testing, Workforce Development, Improved Result Utilization, and Strong Laboratory Epidemiology Platforms for Informed Public Health Response under PEPFAR
The summary for the Achieving Undetectable=Untransmittable in India through Quality Laboratory Testing, Workforce Development, Improved Result Utilization, and Strong Laboratory Epidemiology Platforms for Informed Public Health Response under PEPFAR grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Achieving Undetectable=Untransmittable in India through Quality Laboratory Testing, Workforce Development, Improved Result Utilization, and Strong Laboratory Epidemiology Platforms for Informed Public Health Response under PEPFAR: The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $2,500,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. The National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), Government of India (GOI), has implemented a series of improvements in laboratory service strengthening and clinical monitoring in people living with HIV (PLHIV). PEPFAR India’s overarching goal is to build on the five-year project on laboratory system strengthening and harmonize NACO’s efforts for a coordinated laboratory readiness and response using the UNAIDS 95-95-95 strategic framework. This NOFO will build on the achievements of viral load (VL) scale-up through further strengthening of laboratory capacities, quality assurance, addressing the HIV testing gaps that will require novel approaches to accelerate and achieve sustained viral suppression. In addition, it will strengthen testing capacities for index testing, recency testing, and molecular epidemiology tests to understand transmission networks, drug resistance patterns, and inform public heath action. This NOFO will expand use of rapid molecular cartridge-based nucleic acid tests (CBNAAT); rapid urine lipoarabinomannan (LAM) assay to expedite TB/HIV diagnosis among hospitalized and/or severely-ill PLHIV and reduce mortality. It will also improve TB/HIV diagnostic integration within the national tiered laboratory network thereby improving timeliness and accuracy of TB/HIV diagnoses. Specific outcomes will include demonstrated sustained epidemic control by increased access to VL test and VL suppression to 95% in PEPFAR districts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Achieving Undetectable=Untransmittable in India through Quality Laboratory Testing, Workforce Development, Improved Result Utilization, and Strong Laboratory Epidemiology Platforms for Informed Public Health Response under PEPFAR|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2037|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 11th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 11th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 8th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 10th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 7th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...