Achieving Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Saturation in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Achieving Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Saturation in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Achieving Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Saturation in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $8,500,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Evidence from three randomized control trials in Uganda, Kenya, and South Africa prompted the World Health Organization (WHO) and Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) in 2007 to recommend the adoption of male circumcision as part of a comprehensive package of HIV prevention in countries with high HIV prevalence and low circumcision prevalence. The rate of male circumcision in Malawi is still low at 28% (DHS 2015/16) with HIV prevalence at 10.6%. Malawi launched the VMMC policy in 2012, and the VMMC program continues to gain momentum. Since 2012, CDC Malawi has supported the Malawi Ministry of Health (MOH) to scale up the VMMC program through provision of direct service delivery and demand creation activities in selected districts, including Lilongwe, which is one of the districts with the highest unmet need for VMMC in the country. This NOFO is aligned to PEPFAR goals for accelerating epidemic control through implementation of the VMMC program as a component of HIV prevention. The recipient will continue to implement VMMC service delivery in Lilongwe district and other VMMC priority districts utilizing evidence-based demand creation strategies prioritizing men aged 15 years and above to reach 80% saturation and maximize the immediate benefit for HIV prevention.
|Federal Grant Title:||Achieving Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Saturation in Malawi under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2051|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 27th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 27th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 27th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 27th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 28th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 24th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...