Addressing Health Disparities in NIDDK Diseases (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Addressing Health Disparities in NIDDK Diseases (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Addressing Health Disparities in NIDDK Diseases (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites research to understand and mitigate health disparities in the development, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of high priority to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). Research is encouraged in the following high priority diseases: diabetes and other endocrine and metabolic diseases; obesity; nutrition-related disorders; hepatitis C; gallbladder disease; H. Pylori infection; complications of sickle cell disease within the NIDDK mission areas; kidney diseases; urologic diseases; metabolic, gastrointestinal, hepatic, and renal complications from infection with HIV; and mechanistic research in hematologic diseases, including studies in abnormal hemoglobin synthesis. This FOA will not support multi-center clinical studies or Clinical Trials. Animal research is allowed if the research is a clinically relevant model of a NIDDK mission area disease in a minority population.
|Federal Grant Title:||Addressing Health Disparities in NIDDK Diseases (R01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-18-412|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||November 17th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||November 17th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 12th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 17th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...