Administrative History of the Glen Canyon Dam Adaptive Management Program
The summary for the Administrative History of the Glen Canyon Dam Adaptive Management Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Administrative History of the Glen Canyon Dam Adaptive Management Program: The Secretary of the Interior created the Glen Canyon Dam Adaptive Management Program in response to the 1995 Environmental Impact Statement on the operations of Glen Canyon Dam. The GCDAMP is implemented through Reclamation, who is responsible for implementation of the Grand Canyon Protection Act of 1992. The Act requires monitoring the operations of Glen Canyon Dam to ensure the dam is operated in compliance with laws and regulations designed to mitigate significant environmental impacts. Despite consistent record documentation and retention; the administrative portion of the GCDAMP has not been synthesized in a manner that allows an easy review of the progression of ideas, discussion topics, recommendations, decisions, and achievements. New members of Tribal Working Group and Adaptive Management Working Group, and other interested parties, need an easily accessible program that provides an overview of GCDAMP, the stakeholders, and program history. The Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Study Unit (CESU) at Arizona State University (ASU) can provide the level of expertise and technology needed to develop this resource. The project will provide an archived chronology that includes agencies, personnel, and public involvement on topics associated with the GCDAMP, Glen Canyon Dam and the Colorado River management. The history shall include data, reports, publications, audio interviews, videography, meeting minutes, and other sources of information from the program, and will be web accessible.
|Federal Grant Title:||Administrative History of the Glen Canyon Dam Adaptive Management Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-UC-16N021|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||August 11th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||August 11th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||September 24th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 11th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit Participant
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Deborah Chorlton
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Utah Historic Irrigation Project
- • Museum Collection Processing and Curation
- • Curation of Museum Property Under Reclamation Jurisdiction and Archaeological Fieldwork fo...
- • Long Term Curation of Reclamation Collections
- • Long Term Curation of Reclamation Controlled Museum Property
- • Bureau of Reclamation Great Plains Region Grant
- • Notice of Intent to Award National Register of Historic Places Evaluation of 14JW17, Lovew...
- • Curation of Reclamation Natural History Collections at the South Dakota School of Mines, M...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects