Advanced Genomic Data Analysis and Visualization Methods for the Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Data (R21)
The summary for the Advanced Genomic Data Analysis and Visualization Methods for the Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Data (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advanced Genomic Data Analysis and Visualization Methods for the Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Data (R21): -This NCI-sponsored funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is a request for grant applications that describe exploratory projects aimed at the development of highly innovative and novel advanced genomic data analysis methods and visualization technologies. This FOA is a component of The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA; http://cancergenome.nih.gov) Pilot Project, which tests the technical feasibility and clinical relevance of conducting a systematic, comprehensive large-scale analysis of genomic alterations found in human cancers. -The purpose of this FOA is to stimulate the development of new and improved computational and statistical tools for integrative analysis of the TCGA data sets covering alterations in the cancer genome, epigenome, and/or transcriptome (e.g.,somatic mutations, changes in DNA segment copy number, translocations, loss of heterozygosity, epigenomic modifications, and gene expression profiles from multiple platforms) and linked pathological/clinical information. Of particular interest is the development of tools and methods for analyzing, mining, and visualizing TCGA data to reveal previously unknown associations between genomic alterations, pathways, and cancer. Proposed projects should facilitate extensive evaluation and visualization of molecular changes that occur in human cancer through cross-domain queries to interrogate diverse sets of genomic data as well as clinical, laboratory, and pathology data from patients. All projects must adhere to the cancer Biomedical Informatics Grid (caBIG) standards. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH R21 award mechanism for pilot exploratory research projects.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advanced Genomic Data Analysis and Visualization Methods for the Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Data (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-08-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.394 Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 11, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Aug 30, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jan 10, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.395 -- Cancer Treatment Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...