Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Nigeria
The summary for the Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Nigeria grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Nigeria: The purpose of this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is to conduct high quality public health research. Research projects may be quantitative, qualitative, and /or mixed methods epidemiological studies to conduct and monitor epidemiologic, clinical, and laboratory-based projects, surveillance, and research of important diseases in Nigeria, including but not limited to address acute febrile illness, emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, zoonotic and vector borne diseases; environmental health issues effecting infectious diseases (such as water and air); vaccine-preventable diseases; biosafety and security; and other public health threats of local importance. Research projects should outline clear plans to incorporate the results of research activities into operational disease detection, prevention, and response or control programs in Nigeria and ensure the strengthening of local workforce capacity and dissemination of findings across the region, with partners, and globally. Other areas for research include activities to antimicrobial resistance and hospital acquired infections, respiratory infections and influenza, enteric illnesses, and other public health threats.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Nigeria|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GH-19-010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 4th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 4th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||January 4th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||January 4th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 3rd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 4th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign (non-US) organizations must follow policies described in the HHS Grants Policy Statement (http://www.hhs.gov/asfr/ogapa/aboutog/hhsgps107.pdf), and procedures for foreign organizations described throughout the SF424 (R&R) Application Guide. International registrants can confirm DUNS by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, including Company Name, D-U-N-S Number, and Physical Address, and Country. Special Instructions for acquiring a Commercial and Governmental Entity (NCAGE) Code: https://eportal.nspa.nato.int/AC135Public/Docs/US%20Instructions%20for%20NSPA%20NCAGE.pdf Additional Information on Eligibility Single source competition. Only the application from Nigeria Centre for Disease Control will be accepted.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Office of Grant Services (OGS)
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
- Similar Government Grants
- • Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Liberia
- • Advancing Zoonotic Disease Detection through a One Health Approach in Ethiopia
- • Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Senegal
- • Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Indonesia
- • Conducting Public Health Research in Kenya
- • Conducting Public Health Research in Thailand: technical collaboration with the Ministry o...
- • Institutional Research Collaboration between the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...