Affordable Care Act: Personal and Home Care Aide State Training Program
The summary for the Affordable Care Act: Personal and Home Care Aide State Training Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Affordable Care Act: Personal and Home Care Aide State Training Program: This announcement solicits agrant applications for the Personal and Home Care Aide Training (PHCAST) Program, a new demonstration grant program in collaboration with the Administration for Children and Famnilies (ACF) to establish a program to recruit low-income individuals and recipients of public assistance to train as qualified personal and home care aides. Grants may be awarded to the States (as defined in the funding opportunity announcement) to conduct demonstration projects for purposes of developing core training competencies and certification programs for personal or home care aides. It is expected that the training standards established under these State grants would be utilized as a "Gold Standard" for future training of personal and home care aides.
|Federal Grant Title:||Affordable Care Act: Personal and Home Care Aide State Training Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-288|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Affordable Care Act (ACA) Personal and Home Care Aide State Training Program (PHCAST|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 19, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 19, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 17, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 17, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 17, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Grants shall be awarded to eligible applicants from any of the 50 States of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa that are capable of carrying out the legislative purpose of preparing individuals to become personal and home care aides. States are defined in accordance with Title XIX of the SSA. Section 2008 (b)(6)(D).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care