Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Agricultural Systems
The summary for the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Agricultural Systems grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Agricultural Systems: Applications to the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Sustainable Agricultural Systems (SAS) Request for Applications (RFA) must focus on approaches that promote transformational changes in the U.S. food and agriculture system. NIFA seeks creative and visionary applications that take a systems approach for projects are expected to significantly improve the supply of affordable, safe, nutritious, and accessible agricultural products, while fostering economic development and rural prosperity in America. These approaches must demonstrate current needs and anticipate future social, cultural, behavioral, economic, health, and environmental impacts. Additionally, the outcomes of the work being proposed should result in societal benefits, including promotion of rural prosperity and enhancement of quality of life for all those involved in food and agricultural value chains from production to utilization and consumption. See AFRI SAS RFA for details.
|Federal Grant Title:||Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Agricultural Systems|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-AFRI-009802|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 13th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 13th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||February 17th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||February 17th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||August 12th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$80,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 17th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility Requirements Applicants for the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) Sustainable Agricultural Systems (SAS) RFA must meet all the requirements discussed in this RFA. Failure to meet the eligibility criteria by the application deadline may result in exclusion from consideration or, preclude NIFA from making an award. For those new to Federal financial assistance, NIFA's Grants Overview provides highly recommended information about grants and other resources to help understand the Federal awards process. 1. Integrated Projects Eligible applicants for Integrated Projects include: a) colleges and universities; b) 1994 Land-Grant Institutions; and c) Hispanic-serving agricultural colleges and universities (see NIFA's Hispanic-Serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities page). For item a) under Integrated Projects, the terms "college" and "university" mean an educational institution in any state which i) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate; ii) is legally authorized within such state to provide a program of education beyond secondary education; iii) provides an educational program for which a bachelor's degree or any other higher degree is awarded; iv) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and v) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association. A research foundation maintained by a college or university is eligible to receive an award under this program. 2. Food and Agricultural Science Enhancement Grants Part II § C.2 of this RFA contains the eligibility details for Food and Agricultural Science Enhancement (FASE) Grants. Note that under FASE program, Strengthening Coordinated Agricultural Project and Strengthening Standard Grants are solicited in this RFA. Applicants must respond to the program area priorities and deadlines found in Part I § C of this RFA. Grant recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project. Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award (see Part III § B). Duplicate or Multiple Submissions – submission of duplicate or predominantly overlapping applications is not allowed. NIFA will disqualify both applications if an applicant submits multiple applications that are duplicative or substantially overlapping to NIFA programs within the same fiscal year. For those new to Federal financial assistance, NIFA's Grants Overview provides highly recommended information about grants and other resources to help understand the Federal awards process.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Agricultural Systems
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Support
Key Information: Business hours: Monday thru Friday, 7a.m. – 5p.m. ET, except federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program Foundational and Appli...
- • Expanding AI Innovation through Capacity Building and Partnerships
- • Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program Education and Workforc...
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Foundational and Applied Science Program
- • Opportunity USDA-CSREES-AFRI-001967
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Open Data Framework
- • Food and Agricultural Education Information System
- • New Beginning for Tribal Students Program
- • Alfalfa Seed and Alfalfa Forage Systems
- • Special Research Grants Program Potato Research