Animal Models of NIDDK-Relevant Diseases
The summary for the Animal Models of NIDDK-Relevant Diseases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Animal Models of NIDDK-Relevant Diseases: - The purpose of this Program Announcement is to provide support for the development and validation of new animal models of NIDDK-relevant diseases where animal models are either inadequate or lacking. New and/or improved animal models should be designed to facilitate preclinical testing of diagnostic, preventive or therapeutic interventions. - The NIDDK intends to fund up to 5-6 new grants per year in response to this Program Announcement. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. - R01 applications from qualified principal investigators are invited for projects designed to generate and validate new animal models of NIDDK-relevant diseases. - For-profit and non-profit organizations are eligible, including public or private institutions, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the federal government, domestic or foreign institutions/organizations, and faith-based or community-based organizations. - Investigators may submit more than one application, provided there is no scientific or budgetary overlap. - Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (rev. 09/2004; http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html). - Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
|Federal Grant Title:||Animal Models of NIDDK-Relevant Diseases|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Food and Nutrition|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-05-049|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research 93.848 Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Feb 10, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 20, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.849 -- Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education County governments Special district governments Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...