Announcement of Availability of Funds for Title X Family Planning Services Grants
The summary for the Announcement of Availability of Funds for Title X Family Planning Services Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Announcement of Availability of Funds for Title X Family Planning Services Grants: This announcement seeks applications from public and private nonprofit entities to establish and operate voluntary family planning services projects, which shall provide family planning services to all persons desiring such services, with priority for services to persons from low-income families. Section 1001 (b) assures the right of local and regional entities to apply directly to the Secretary for Title X grant funds. In a single application, applicants may propose to serve any combination of service areas or subset of a single service area listed. Applicants should use Table 1 Estimated Funds Available as a guide when developing proposals. Applicants proposing to serve an entire state (or territory), should base their Federal request (Title X funding request) on the estimated amount for the state listed in Table 1. These estimates are calculated using the number of women in each state (or territory) in need of publically funded contraceptive services (those with family incomes of 0 - 250% of the federal poverty level) as a ratio of the number of women in the 50 states and the District of Columbia in need of publically funded contraceptive services. This ratio is then used to distribute the money available to each state through approved appropriation funding. The estimated funding available in Table 1 has been updated to reflect current reported data of women in need of publically funded contraceptive services. Applicants proposing to serve a subsection of a state should first determine the total number of women in need of publically funded contraceptive services proposed to be served as part of the project and divide that number by the total number of females in need of publically funded contraceptive services for the state. That ratio should be multiplied by the total funding proposed for the state to provide guidance for the applicants request for federal funding. For proposals that cover a geographic area in multiple states, complete this process for each subsection of each state to provide guidance for request for federal funding.
|Federal Grant Title:||Announcement of Availability of Funds for Title X Family Planning Services Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (HHS-OPHS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-FPH-19-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 7th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 7th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||February 13th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$22,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||100|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||November 7th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any public or private nonprofit entity located in a State (which includes one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Republic of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands) is eligible to apply for a grant under this announcement. Faith-based organizations and American Indian/Alaska Native/Native American (AI/AN/NA) organizations are also eligible to apply for Title X family planning services grants.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Announcement of Availability of Funds for Title X Family Planning Services Grants
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2018 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Gra...
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Grants (Gua...
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Grants (Nav...
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Family Planning Services Grants (Haw...
- • 2006 Family Planning Services (Region 3 - Delaware)
- • 2006 Family Planning Services (Region 3 - Pittsburgh, PA and Wilkes Barre, PA)
- • 2006 Family Planning Services (Region 4 - Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina)
- More Grants from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- • Availability of funds for Title X Family Planning- Innovations in Family Planning Clinical...
- • Preventing HIV Infection in Women through Expanded Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevent...
- • Youth Engagement in Sports: Collaboration to Improve Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutr...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Adoption/Donation Services and Public Awa...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Data Analysis and Trends Research Grants