Appendix C: Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome
The summary for the Appendix C: Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NASA Johnson Space Center, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Appendix C: Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome: New NASA Research Announcement (NRA) 80JSC018N0001-SANS Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome NASA's Human Research Program (HRP) has released solicited research response area NRA 80JSC018N0001-SANS “Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome” that solicits applied research in support of HRP goals and objectives. This response area is Appendix C of the Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO) NRA (80JSC018N0001). Proposals are solicited by NASA in the areas of Mechanisms and Evaluation of Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome (SANS) in a Novel Ground-Based Head-Down Tilt Bed Rest Analog. Appendix C of the HERO NRA and associated documentation can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/HERO18-SANS. The HERO NRA including all open appendices is available through the NASA Research Opportunities homepage at: https://tinyurl.com/NASA-HERO-2018 A virtual Pre-Proposers Conference is scheduled for December 17, 2018, and more details will be posted shortly alongside this solicitation on NSPIRES. Appendix C Step-1 proposals are due January 4, 2019. Invited Appendix C Step-2 proposals are due April 4, 2019. All categories of United States (U.S.) institutions are eligible to submit proposals in response to the NRA. Principal Investigators may collaborate with universities, Federal Government laboratories, the private sector, and state and local government laboratories. In all such arrangements, the applying entity is expected to be responsible for administering the project according to the management approach presented in the proposal. NASA's policy is to conduct research with non-U.S. organizations on a cooperative, no exchange-of-funds basis. Thank you for your continued interest in NASA. Please refer to the solicitation document for contact information.
|Federal Grant Title:||Appendix C: Countermeasures for Mitigation of Spaceflight Associated Neuro-ocular Syndrome|
|Federal Agency Name:||NASA Johnson Space Center (NASA-JSC)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||80JSC018N0001-SANS|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 4th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 4th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||December 4th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||December 4th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||February 3rd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 4th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All categories of U.S. institutions are eligible to submit proposals in response to this NRA (see solicitation for details). Regarding non-U.S. organizations, NASA's policy is to conduct research on a cooperative, no exchange of funds basis.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on this link to see the full text of the announcement for this funding opportunity.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
Jennifer Fogarty, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist, Human Research Program
NASA Johnson Space Center (Mail Code SA2)
Houston, TX 77058
For difficulty accessing the opportunity, click here.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Use of the NASA Physical Sciences Informatics System - Appendix F
- • Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)
- • HERO Appendix B: NASA Human Research Program Omnibus Opportunity
- • HERO Appendix A: NASA Research and Technology Development to Support Crew Health and Perfo...
- • ROSBio-2018 Appendix C: Development of Microgravity Food Production: Plant Watering, Volum...
- • Human Systems Integration Research
- • Research Opportunities in Fundamental Physics
- More Grants from the NASA Johnson Space Center
- • Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)
- • Appendix D: Topics in Human Health Countermeasures, Human Factors, and Behavioral Performa...
- • 2018 Human Exploration Research Opportunities (HERO)