BD2K Open Educational Resources for Skills Development in Biomedical Big Data Science (R25)
The summary for the BD2K Open Educational Resources for Skills Development in Biomedical Big Data Science (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BD2K Open Educational Resources for Skills Development in Biomedical Big Data Science (R25): The NIH Research Education Program (R25) supports research education activities in the mission areas of the NIH. The over-arching goal of this Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) R25 program is to support educational activities that complement and/or enhance the training of a workforce to meet the nations biomedical, behavioral and clinical research needs.
|Federal Grant Title:||BD2K Open Educational Resources for Skills Development in Biomedical Big Data Science (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Food and Nutrition Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HG-16-016|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||322611, 322616, 322608, 322612, 322617, 322567, 322625, 322622, 322621, 322624, 322613, 322610, 322627, 322618, 322620, 322619, 322615, 322614, 322628, 322623, 322626, 322609, 322629|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health; Oral Diseases and Disorders Research; Human Genome Research; Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders; Research and Training in Complementary and Integrative Health; Mental Health Research Grants; Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs; Trans-NIH Research Support; NIH Office of Research on Women's Health; National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences; Research Infrastructure Programs; Cancer Research Manpower; Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research; Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research; Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders; Allergy and Infectious Diseases Research; Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research; Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research; Aging Research; Vision Research; Medical Library Assistance; International Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 2, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 2, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 18, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 18, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Sep 2, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Special district governments
City or township governments
Independent school districts
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...