BD2K Predoctoral Training in Biomedical Big Data Science (T32)
The summary for the BD2K Predoctoral Training in Biomedical Big Data Science (T32) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BD2K Predoctoral Training in Biomedical Big Data Science (T32): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to solicit applications for graduate training programs in Big Data Science, for the expressed purpose of training the next generation of scientists who will develop computational and quantitative approaches and tools needed by the biomedical research community to work with Big Data in the biomedical sciences. The proposed training programs should prepare qualified individuals for careers in developing new technologies and methods that will allow biomedical researchers to maximize the value of the growing volume and complexity of biomedical data.
|Federal Grant Title:||BD2K Predoctoral Training in Biomedical Big Data Science (T32)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Food and Nutrition Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-LM-16-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||322148, 322141, 322149, 322151, 322152, 322142, 322143, 322157, 322154, 322156, 322147, 322145, 322155, 322158, 322138, 322150, 322146, 322139, 322140, 322153, 322144, 322119|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health; Oral Diseases and Disorders Research; Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders; Research and Training in Complementary and Integrative Health; Mental Health Research Grants; Alcohol Research Programs; Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs; Discovery and Applied Research for Technological Innovations to Improve Human Health; Minority Health and Health Disparities Research; Trans-NIH Research Support; Nursing Research; Cancer Research Manpower; Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research; Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research; Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders; Allergy and Infectious Diseases Research; Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research; Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research; Aging Research; Vision Research; Medical Library Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2016|
|Posted Date:||May 9, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 9, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 25, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Special district governments
Private institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
City or township governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...