BJA FY 19 Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions Program
The summary for the BJA FY 19 Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BJA FY 19 Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions Program: The Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions (URLPWC) Program is committed to protecting the integrity of the criminal justice system and the consistent application of due process for all. The URLPWC Program supports efforts by both conviction integrity or review units (CIUs) and wrongful conviction review entities (WCR entities) that represent individuals with post-conviction claims of innocence to review individual cases.
|Federal Grant Title:||BJA FY 19 Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance (USDOJ-OJP-BJA)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Humanities Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2019-15319|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 2nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 2nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 9th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 9th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 9th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For technical assistance with submitting an application, contact the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 800-518-4726 or 606-545-5035, or via email to email@example.com. The Grants.gov Support Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except on federal holidays.
An applicant that experiences unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond its control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline must email the contact identified below within 24 hours after the application deadline in order to request approval to submit its application after the deadline. Additional information on reporting technical issues appears under Experiencing Unforeseen Grants.gov Technical Issues in the How to Apply section.
For assistance with any unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond an applicants control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline, or any other requirement of this solicitation, contact the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center: toll-free at 800-851-3420; via TTY at 301-240-6310 (hearing impaired only); email firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 301-240-5830; or web chat at https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp. The NCJRS Response Center hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time on the solicitation close date.
Technical Application Assistance
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 18 Upholding the Rule of Law and Preventing Wrongful Convictions Program
- • BJA FY 18 National Training and Technical Assistance: Capital Case Litigation Initiative
- • BJA FY 17 Wrongful Conviction Review Program
- • Wrongful Conviction Review Program
- • BJA FY 15 Wrongful Conviction Review Program
- • Capital Case Litigation Initiative (CCLI)
- • Capital Case Litigation Initiative
- • BJA FY 10 Wrongful Conviction Review Program
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 19 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Initiative: Outcomes-based Contracting To Lowe...
- • BJA FY 19 Reducing Injury and Death of Missing Individuals with Dementia and Developmental...
- • BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People wit...
- • Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Assistance Initiative
- • BJA FY 19 Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Training and Technical Assistanc...