BLM AK CESU - Scenario Planning for Energy and Resources Development
The summary for the BLM AK CESU - Scenario Planning for Energy and Resources Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM AK CESU - Scenario Planning for Energy and Resources Development: Effective decisions about research and monitoring programs (in academia, as well as in government) are most effective when based on plausible future social-ecological system expectations. The future of Arctic America is difficult to accurately predict, particularly in an era of intense global energy development pressures and rapid climate warming, but it will surely be characterized by highly consequential and unprecedented changes. Scenario planning is an effective tool in situations of high uncertainty and significant decision impacts. The North Slope Science Initiative (NSSI) will be partnering with the award recipient university personnel to use scenario planning to systematically assess of a range of energy and resource extraction development scenarios for the North Slope and adjacent seas through 2040 in a manner that will contribute to our mutual understanding of the potential future state of the social-ecological systems of the North Slope and adjacent seas.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM AK CESU - Scenario Planning for Energy and Resources Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L13AS00170|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 23, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 23, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Aug 01, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Aug 01, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Oct 01, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$475,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$475,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Leona B Parker, GMO, 530-252-5338
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...