BLM CA Friends of Big Morongo Preserve
The summary for the BLM CA Friends of Big Morongo Preserve grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM CA Friends of Big Morongo Preserve: BLM assumed management responsibility for the Preserve from the Nature Conservancy in 1995, another non-profit 501 c 3 association, the Friends of Big Morongo Canyon Preserve has assisted the Bureau in all aspects of visitor services, interpretation, and environmental education, including signs, displays, and brochures. Through cooperative efforts, tens of thousands of dollars have been contributed by various private, county, and state entities to provide programs, materials, labor, services, and interpretive displays within the preserve. The BLM and the Friends wish to continue this cooperative effort, which has helped to make Big Morongo Canyon Preserve-Area of Critical Environmental Concern -ACEC a showcase for the potential that can be achieved through partnerships. In addition, the Morongo ACEC was recently designated as the new Sand to Snow National Monument.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM CA Friends of Big Morongo Preserve|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00043|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 9th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 9th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||April 13th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||April 13th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 31st, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 13th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- GMO Leona Parker (530) 252-5338
- Similar Government Grants
- • Blm Ca Recreation And Visitor Services
- • BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Progr...
- • BLM Arizona Recreation and Visitor Services
- • BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • BLM NM Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands