BLM-CO Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Shared Conservation Project, Royal Gorge Field Office
The summary for the BLM-CO Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Shared Conservation Project, Royal Gorge Field Office grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Shared Conservation Project, Royal Gorge Field Office: The project area for this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area or AHRA, which encompasses public lands within the BLMâ¿¿s Royal Gorge Field Office. The Colorado Office of the Bureau of Land Management, Royal Gorge Field Office (RGFO), manages 687,000 acres of public lands, along with 3.3 million acres of mineral estate, from the continental divide to the west to the eastern boundary of the state. The public lands and resources administered by the RGFO are among Colorado's greatest assets, benefitting local communities and our nation. Public lands managed by the RGFO offer a variety of Colorado's recreation opportunities in close proximity to Front Range metropolitan cities, including rock climbing in Shelf Road Recreation Area and picnicking and visiting a swimming hole in Guffey Gorge Day-Use Area. BLM Royal Gorge Field Office is seeking a partner/cooperator to enhance visitors' experiences and provide quality recreation opportunities along the Arkansas River. This includes developing and managing an outreach, education, and stewardship program that addresses the following: 1) promotes responsible use of the river corridor; 2) educates youth about the river environment; 3) makes contacts with public land visitors along the corridor; 4) assists with effectively managing visitor use; 5) and is responsible for providing infrastructure improvements that enhance visitor access along the Arkansas River. As a result of this funded project, the public will have more access to recreational opportunities available on public lands, including fishing, wildlife watching, whitewater rafting, hiking, and other activities. The objectives of this project align with the U.S. Department of Interior's Strategic Plan 2018-2022 to increase access to recreational opportunities, enhance visitor experience, and improve infrastructure and facilities available on public lands.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Shared Conservation Project, Royal Gorge Field Office|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L18AS00086|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 29th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 29th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||July 27th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||July 27th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 4th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 27th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents tab above to download full announcement, instructions, and suggested templates. Click Package tab above to download SF424 forms.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • IIJA Bureau of Land Management Idaho Recreation and Visitor Services
- • IIJA Bureau of Land Management California Recreation and Visitor Services
- • FY23 IIJA Bureau of Land Management Eastern States (ES) Recreation and Visitor Services
- • IIJA Bureau of Land Management Wyoming Recreation and Visitor Services
- • IIJA Bureau of Land Management Colorado Recreation and Visitor Services
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • FY23 IIJA Department of the Interior - Bureau of Land Management Montana/Dakota Good Neigh...
- • IIJA Bureau of Land Management Colorado Rangeland Resource Management
- • IRA Bureau of Land Management Headquarters (HQ) Wildlife Program
- • IRA Bureau of Land Management Headquarters (HQ) Plant Conservation and Restoration Managem...
- • IRA Bureau of Land Management Headquarters (HQ) Threatened and Endangered Species Program