BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
The summary for the BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands: The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Colorado's 8.3 million acres of public lands, along with 27 million acres of mineral estate, are concentrated primarily in the western portion of the State. The lands range from alpine tundra, colorful canyons, and mesas in the southwest, to rolling sage-covered hills in the northwest. These public lands play a vital role in providing open space and contribute to Colorado's quality of life. The public lands and resources administered by the BLM are among Colorado¿s greatest assets, benefitting local communities and our nation. Every year, BLM-managed public lands support thousands of jobs in Colorado and draw millions of visitors. Colorado's public lands support diverse lifestyles and livelihoods on healthy and working landscapes in Colorado's backyard.BLM Colorado's recreation program benefits from the vibrant network of volunteers and partners. In particular, our recreation program is bolstered by the strength of the BLM's partnerships with national, regional, and local organizations that share our goals of providing sustainable recreation opportunities and economic benefits to communities. BLM Colorado has an opportunity to work with partner organizations to assist BLM with the following: - Increase and enhance access to public lands and waters.- Increase and enhance hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities.- Increase and enhance recreational shooting opportunities.- Improve inventory, assessment and planning on public lands and waters.- Improve management, administration, and monitoring of public lands and waters.- Provide enriched visitor services, information, interpretation and education.- Enhance community-supported partnerships to instill an awareness of the importance and appropriate use of, and appreciate for public lands and natural and cultural resources.- Provide site stewards on public lands to protect visitor health and safety.- Improve accessibility for persons with disabilities.- Improve motorized and non-motorized trails including trail construction and maintenance; comprehensive travel and transportation inventory and assessment, planning management and monitoring.For more information on how to apply, please visit www.grants.gov to download a full announcement, instructions, and application package.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00063|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 15th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 15th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 16th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 16th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 23rd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 17th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents Tab Above to Download Full Announcement, Instructions and Templates. Click on Package to Download SF424 Application Package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grant Management Officer Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...