BLM-CO Fisheries, Aquatic Resource Management, and Riparian Restoration
The summary for the BLM-CO Fisheries, Aquatic Resource Management, and Riparian Restoration grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Fisheries, Aquatic Resource Management, and Riparian Restoration: The Colorado State Office of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) wishes to partner with a variety of cooperators to accomplish these objectives. Funding is available to perform activities described herein on the watersheds within the jurisdiction of lands managed by BLM Colorado. Potential projects under this funding opportunity announcement may include watershed management activities that address water supply needs, water quality concerns, and restoration needs that will benefit multiple water uses (e.g., agricultural, municipal, tribal, environmental, and recreation). BLM Colorado has opportunities to work with partner organizations to accomplish goals of the BLM Aquatic Habitat Management that include, but are not limited to, such things as: 1. Development and/or implementation of watershed management plans. 2. Increased local capacity to protect and enhance aquatic habitat, water quality, promote water conservation, and sustain the present health of the watershed. 3. Improvements in the resiliency of ecosystems, communities, and economies in the watershed. 4. Improvements in the hydraulic and geomorphic conditions of streams. 5. Removal of invasive plants and animals to enhance fish habitat, water quality and the physical characteristics of the stream. 6. Inventory, modernize and/or develop infrastructure such as culverts and diversion structures in order to improve fish and other aquatic organism passage. 7. Provide a forum for enhanced communication among diverse stakeholder groups along the watershed. 8. Conserve and enhance aquatic and riparian habitats for native and desired non-native species. 9. Provide resources for recreational and subsistence fishing opportunities including increasing public access and infrastructure, such as fishing piers, for public enjoyment and outreach, education and job mentoring activities for youth, families, and veterans. 10. Protect and stabilize both lotic and lentic aquatic and riparian habitats. 11. Implement projects to reduce erosion, salinity and sediments. 12. Collect and analyze water resources data needed to maintain, protect and restore water resources effectively. 13. Inventory, assess, monitor, and improve aquatic, riparian, and wetland habitat quality and quantity. 14. Address the immediate threats from aquatic invasive species, including quagga and zebra mussels. 15. Influencing water temperature or improving the timing or volume of available flows at particular locations to improve aquatic conditions. 16. Monitor surface and groundwater quality. 17. Manage geospatial and biometric data. 18. Conduct baseline inventories and assessments critical to many public land uses and ongoing monitoring programs. 19. Engage citizen-scientists and students in monitoring and directed research of various BLM dependent aquatic and riparian species and their habitats. 20. Develop and assist with Bureau aquatic invasive programs including: mapping, control, prevention, education, data analysis, ecological modeling and risk assessments, biosecurity, eDNA surveillance, etc For more information on how to apply, please visit www.grants.gov to download a full announcement, instructions, and application package.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Fisheries, Aquatic Resource Management, and Riparian Restoration|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L20AS00084|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 20th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 20th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||March 18th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||March 18th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||May 27th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 18th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents Tab Above to Download Full Announcement, Instructions and Templates. Click on Package to Download SF424 Application Package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • Montana/Dakotas Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • Arizona Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management Utah Fisheries and Aquatic Resource M...
- • FY2020 BLM NOC Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Program Management
- • NV Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management
- • BLM-CO: BLM-CO Water Resources, Fisheries and Riparian Restoration Program
- • BLM NM Aquatic Habitat Management
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...