BLM-CO Native Plant Material Collection, Management, and Conservation Project
The summary for the BLM-CO Native Plant Material Collection, Management, and Conservation Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Native Plant Material Collection, Management, and Conservation Project: The Colorado State Office of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has been working with organizations on native plant projects on public lands for many years. BLM Colorado provides research opportunities by engaging cooperating partners to perform a variety of conservation and land management projects specifically addressing the importance of protecting native plant species on public lands. In particular, the Colorado State Office of the BLM seeks an organization partner for the purpose of conducting conservation and land management projects, to include, but not limited to, the following activities, as part of the BLM's Seeds of Success Program: seed collection activities on public lands located in Colorado; development of native plant materials; conducting studies and research to provide geneticially appropriate seed materials; improving technology for native seed production and ecosystem restoration; and providing hands-on experience to students and the public in the area of monitoring and managing rare plant species. This project will allow the cooperating partner to work alongside of BLM staff to further the understanding and appreciation of the our natural resources. BLM staff will provide mentoring and coaching opportunities for project participants to learn valuable skills in the field of botany and natural resources management.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Native Plant Material Collection, Management, and Conservation Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00114|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 25th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 25th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 25th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 25th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 2nd, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$52,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 25th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents tab above to download full announcement instructions. Click on Package tab above to download application forms and templates.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...