BLM-CO Youth Intern Initiative
The summary for the BLM-CO Youth Intern Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Youth Intern Initiative: The Department of the Interior's Youth Initiative is a focused effort to expand programs that engage, educate and employ youth from all backgrounds in exploring, connecting with, and preserving the shared natural and cultural resources on public lands. As part of this initiative, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) aims to increase youth employment through its use of youth hiring authorities; leveraging partnerships; using a proactive targeted recruiting approach to build new environments and engage a talented corps of young people; and providing hands-on, meaningful work experiences. The purpose of the BLMâ¿¿s employment efforts is to create the Next Generation of Conservation Leaders. The BLM Colorado (BLM CO) advances these national goals by providing meaningful work opportunities for hundreds of young people so that they have a positive experience that directly contributes to conservation of our national treasures. The BLM cooperates with a number of organizations to coordinate, perform, and complete a vast array of outdoor stewardship projects on public lands. The Department of the Interior, BLM CO, and youth corps organizations have been working as partners on mutually beneficial projects for over 12 years. This program fosters a natural resource ethic and commitment through employment and career advancement.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Youth Intern Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L16AS00184|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 9, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 9, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jun 10, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jun 10, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 16, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$4,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Qualified Youth or Conservation Corps only
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands