BLM-[ES], Public Outreac on BLM Islands on Lake Vermilion and Surrounding Lakes
The summary for the BLM-[ES], Public Outreac on BLM Islands on Lake Vermilion and Surrounding Lakes grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-[ES], Public Outreac on BLM Islands on Lake Vermilion and Surrounding Lakes: The BLM Northeastern States District Office manages approximately 86 islands on Lake Vermilion and a few surrounding lakes located about 40-80 miles north of Virginia, MN. These lands are held to federal ownership under the Shipstead Newton Nolan Act and are located approximately 500 miles from our office location in Milwaukee, WI, which makes management of these islands a challenge. In the past BLM has had agreements in place to monitor a number of our islands along with removing any trash. BLM has been working enter into a challenge cost share agreement to help support and manage recreational use along with educating and reaching out to the public on BLM managed islands.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-[ES], Public Outreac on BLM Islands on Lake Vermilion and Surrounding Lakes|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00169|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 15th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 15th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||December 14th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$75,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$14,500|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||June 15th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on the full announcement link above to access the Funding Opportunity Document
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Brandon Riley (202) 912-7540
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM-NM, Cave and Karst Conservation Assistance for the Fort Stanton-Snowy River Cave Natio...
- • BLM-CO Experimentation and Research Using Native Seed Resources
- • BLM OR/WA Pollinator Systems in the Channeled Scablands of Eastern Washington and for Spal...
- • BLM-MT, Natural Resources Data Services and Database Development
- • Database Services and Maintenance
- • Fender's Blue Butterfly Habitat Restoration
- • Route 66
- • BLM ID Challenge Cost Share 2009 - Reannouncement
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...