BLM-ES, Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
The summary for the BLM-ES, Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-ES, Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands: The Eastern State Bureau of Land Management (BLM) offices have collaborated with Qualified Youth or Conservation Corps, as authorized by the Public Lands Corps Act (PLC), to accomplish conservation projects for numerous years. Projects completed under this program have provided participants an avenue of employment in addition to opportunities to gain experience and knowledge in public lands and natural resources management and promote a continued interest in public lands stewardship and the BLM. The BLM Youth Program assists the BLM with diversifying the workforce while exposing participants to the complex cultural and natural resource issues faced by managers of the National System for Public Lands. The primary objective of the youth program is to work with Qualified Youth and Conservation Corps to engage individuals, to include tribal youth between the ages of 16 and 30, inclusive, and veterans age 35, recruited from local and surrounding communities to assist with completing projects that help protect and promote multiple-use conservation projects on public lands.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-ES, Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00075|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 8th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 8th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 30th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 8th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Brandon Riley (202) 912-7540
- Similar Government Grants
- • Arizona BLM Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM Utah Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM CA Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM NM Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM OR/WA Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-Idaho Shoshone-Paiute Tribes Youth Project - Development and Collection of Native Plan...
- • BLM Utah 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Utah Public Lands
- • BLM Alaska - 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Public Lands
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands