BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Programs
The summary for the BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Programs: Public lands managed by the BLM provide some of the most diverse outdoor recreation opportunities on Federal lands in the western United States. The BLMs Recreation and Visitor Services Program oversees a broad and complex set of recreation related programs, which provide a multitude of recreation opportunities and experiences. These recreation resources and visitor services support strong local economies and public land conservation. As BLM works to enhance recreational opportunities for the American family, we strive to remain a good neighbor and partner. The BLM manages recreation resources and visitor services to offer the greatest benefits possible to individuals and communities and to better enable communities to achieve their own desired social, economic, and environmental outcomes. BLM public lands once described as *the lands nobody wanted* are now recognized as Americas Great Outdoors, a *Backyard to Backcountry* treasure. They are uniquely accessible. More than 120 urban centers and thousands of rural towns are located within 25 miles of BLM lands. GOALS The Recreation and Visitor Services Program provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities that benefit the public and local communities. The program is also responsible for implementing the following Secretarial Orders and will support: 1). S.O. 3347: Conservation Stewardship and Outdoor Recreation 2). S.O. 3356, Hunting, Fishing, Recreational Shooting, and Wildlife Conservation Opportunities and Coordination with States, Tribes, and Territories 3). S.O. 3366, Increasing Recreational Opportunities on Lands and Waters Managed by the U.S. Department of the Interior BLM Montana/Dakotas has an opportunity to work with partner organizations to assist BLM with the following: 1. Increase and enhance access to public lands and waters. 2. Increase and enhance hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities. 3. Increase and enhance recreational shooting opportunities. 4. Improve inventory, assessment and planning on public lands and waters. 5. Improve management, administration, and monitoring of public lands and waters. 6. Provide enriched visitor services, information, interpretation and education. 7. Enhance community-supported partnerships in tourism and marketing. 8. Protect visitor health and safety. 9. Improve accessibility for persons with disabilities. 10. Improve motorized and non-motorized trails including trail construction and maintenance; comprehensive travel and transportation inventory and assessment, planning management and monitoring. The following program legislation authority and BLM handbook applicable to this program: 1. Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act, 16 USC §6805(a 2. National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) BLM Handbook 1790-1 All proposed projects submitted under this funding opportunity must state a benefit to the public.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00045|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 22nd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 23rd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 23rd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 23rd, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 23rd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The following types of entities are eligible to apply for award under this announcement. Failure to meet eligibility requirements will result in precluding the BLM from making an award. Types are: 1. State, local government, Indian Tribe, 2. Institution of Higher Education (IHE) 3. Nonprofit Organizations - For example, if the program is limited to nonprofit organizations subject to 26 U.S.C. 501(c) (3) of the tax code (26 U.S.C. 501(c) (3)), the announcement should say so. *NOTE: For-Profit, individuals, foreign entities are not eligible, unless specifically stated in the legislative authority. Refer to 2 CFR, Part 200.60, Non-Federal Entity
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Select the RELATED DOCUMENTS tab above to retrieve the Full Announcement and Application Instructions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Officer Brittney Linford (406) 896-5188
- Similar Government Grants
- • Blm Ca Recreation And Visitor Services
- • BLM Arizona Recreation and Visitor Services
- • BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • BLM NM Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM Utah State-Wide Recreation and Visitor Services Program
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands