BLM-(MT) Natural and Cultural Resource Management and Education
The summary for the BLM-(MT) Natural and Cultural Resource Management and Education grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-(MT) Natural and Cultural Resource Management and Education: Background: Montana/Dakotas Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has been working with University and College partners on mutually beneficial projects on public lands for many years. BLM provides conservation, natural and cultural resource management opportunities by engaging these partners to perform a variety of projects and activities on public lands. This partnership will allow the University or College to work alongside with BLM staff to develop educational programs and conservation projects in Montana/Dakotas. Objectives: The primary objective of this program is to engage a University or College partner to assist with the development and implementation of natural and cultural resource projects on public lands. This partnership will create a positive impact on public land management and the natural and cultural resource fields. Specific examples of potential projects include, but are not limited to, enhanced recreation opportunities at public sites and improved conditions of watersheds and cultural resource sites. While students are engaged in these projects, they will learn about natural and cultural resource management. Public Benefit: This partnership will support a number of conservation projects and research opportunities on public lands. This project provides long-term benefits to the public by providing resource recreation opportunities that enhance the public's enjoyment of BLM lands as well as balancing those interests with resource protection and conservation.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-(MT) Natural and Cultural Resource Management and Education|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00074|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 30th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 30th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 2nd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 2nd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 2nd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$45,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$45,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 2nd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Select the RELATED DOCUMENTS tab above to retrieve the Full Announcement and Application Instructions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Specialist Brittney Linford (406) 896-5188
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM CA Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Montana/Dakotas Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management
- • Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management Utah Cultural and Paleontological Re...
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...