BLM-NM Tree-Ring Studies in New Mexico (Challenge Cost Share) Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU)
The summary for the BLM-NM Tree-Ring Studies in New Mexico (Challenge Cost Share) Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-NM Tree-Ring Studies in New Mexico (Challenge Cost Share) Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU): This financial assistance opportunity is being issued under a Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) program. CESUâ¿¿s Are partnerships that provide research, technical assistance and education. The proposed work would build on data gathered to date to include the BLM-managed lands in New Mexico and the broader Southwest. The first project focuses on El Malpais NCA, but other projects for other areas are anticipated. The recipient will conduct field work as a continuation of previous efforts in northern New Mexico. The first phase of the current project will emphasize dendroarchaeological and dendrochronological/climatological studies in El Malpais NCA. If funding is available in subsequent years, additional sessions could be undertaken, and may expand to other areas on BLM-managed lands within the greater study area. Student-involved analyses of tree ring samples and other environmental and archaeological and historical data would provide real-world research opportunities for students, as well as contribute to a robust and more comprehensive understanding of historical ecology and human use of the environment
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-NM Tree-Ring Studies in New Mexico (Challenge Cost Share) Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L16AS00071|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 28, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 28, 2016|
|Posted Date:||May 26, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 26, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 31, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This will be advertised as a Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit and CESU may apply
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Charise Saiz (505) 761-8725
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands